When it was decided by the Titans coaching and medical staff that Proctor would not return for the second half against the Roosters on Saturday night Greenwood was thrust into battle.By running on for the second 40 minutes he and fellow Titans recruit Dan Sarginson created Telstra Premiership history by becoming the first English pair to debut for the same club in the same game in the NRL era, but he has already set his sights on playing a more significant role in the coming weeks.Scans on Monday will determine the extent of Proctor’s shoulder injury and should he be unable to face the Knights next Saturday, Greenwood is more than willing to put his hand up to come into the starting team.”Wherever coach wants me to play I’ll play and if he wants me to push out big minutes I’ll do my best to push out those big minutes and do what’s best for the team,” Greenwood told NRL.com.”Hopefully it’s nothing too serious and he’ll be back out there next week.”The 23-year-old only landed in Australia on Monday morning, with his arrival on the Gold Coast from St Helens accelerated 12 months earlier than originally anticipated.It brought the dream of an NRL debut into clear view and he said after the game that he was still coming to terms with the fact that he is now playing in the NRL.”I have to keep pinching myself because this is like a dream,” said Greenwood, who ran for 48 metres and made 14 tackles in his first 40 minutes as a Titan.”This is what I’ve always dreamed of as a kid, is actually playing in the NRL. “It’s a big opportunity and the way league is going it’s just massive and it’s just growing and growing.”As a young kid at 23 years old this is what I wanted and it’s come so soon I have to keep pinching myself.”After 60 Super League appearances for St Helens, Greenwood admitted that the pace of the NRL was the biggest change but that spending the first 40 minutes watching from the sideline was the greater torture.”I was just itching to get on,” Greenwood said. “Those first 40 minutes were really slow and I was just waiting for the call, waiting for the call and then it came at half-time and I was just happy to get on and get some good minutes under my belt.”It was a bit strange actually because the first 20 minutes [of the second half] went so quick and I looked up at the clock and the last 20 minutes were going slower and slower.”It sometimes felt like the clock was adding on time.”It’s good just to get straight into it and not waiting about. Your nerves are there at the start but now they’ve gone, straight in and it’s exciting.”The crowd was unreal, the stadium’s unreal and it were great to just get the first game.”
The success of last year’s tournament across Australia, Papua New Guinea and New Zealand has opened the door for international games to be showcased in a similar way to the NRL taking clashes to regional areas in Australia throughout 2018.The annual mid-season Pacific Tests, which have been played since 2013, have been based in Sydney’s west for the last five years – an agreement that will continue next season.But with the mid-year Denver Test match featuring New Zealand and England kicking off on Sunday, the clash could kick off a new era for international scheduling and locations.All four Pacific nations teams attended a Pacific Test gala day in Campbelltown on Wednesday and backed the possible expansion of the game involving playing hosts.Tongan forward Jason Taumalolo told NRL.com it was only a matter of time before the powerhouse second-tier nation hosted an international fixture.The World Cup squad travelled back to Tonga following the tournament and were overwhelmed by the support.”That’s one of many things we’re trying to achieve is to get a game over there,” Taumalolo said.”There are a lot of Tongan fans in Australia and New Zealand so playing a game back there would only grow the game.”There wouldn’t be a spare seat in the house if it were to happen.”Samoa is in a similar boat to their Tongan rivals but were able to last hosted a game in Apia during the Four Nations tournament in 2016, which coincided with their 30th rugby league anniversary celebrations.”It was unreal,” Samoan prop Sam Kasiano said, after being part of the side that loss to Fiji 20-18.”I think I scored a try that game. It was just awesome to be able to play in front of our people who live in our country. I think it’s time to do it again, we love it wherever we play but being at home is something special.”The Fijian side hosted Australia in a warm-up last year leading into the World Cup, while Papua New Guinea play host to the Prime Ministers XIII annually and co-hosted last year’s tournament in spectacular fashion.”Playing back in PNG, there is nothing better than pulling on a Kumuls jersey,” PNG fullback Justin Olam told NRL.com.”It’s the best feeling in the world. We got to do it at the World Cup and the crowd was always packed, people couldn’t get in. My family wanted more tickets. It doesn’t matter who we play.”I hope the next time is not when we play in the World Cup again but this year or next year.”
Step in Team Manager Terence Issue said the boys are ready.He says with the return of Samuel Kini and Henson Tirimo, the boys are looking good to win this game.He says their only aim is to score in the first half and defend well throughout the game.Issue says the coach has made the strong line up for this game with Sogo Mandari on the goal mouth, Langarap Samol, Felix Komolong, Ray Romo and Nigel Malagin on the backline.Up in the midfield is Henson Tirimo lining up with Samuel Kini while two captains Max Sengum and Vanya Malagin will play striker with Maskulan Pulung and Ephraim Leo on the wings.
Barras have been hard on training in the past two months and are well vested under coach Dipak Patel as they have been out on the field and in the weights room on training days.Baramundis captain Jack Vare said they will maintain the session through the remaining week until the lead up to the games at the end of this month.The series will be played at the home of the Barra’s, the Amini Park in Port Moresby in which Barras are keen to put up a good battle with the Kenyans to maintaining their title in the pacific.”We have been playing mostly all our international match overseas for the past years and it’s good to host such event in our country to continue the good name of the sport.”“The boys have been good in training and has maintained fitness and schedules and are ready for the Kenyans as we have beat them twice and to beat them in our own country will be very interesting ,” Vare said.On the other end, the PNG CPL Lewas are also gearing up for the East Asia Pacific Cup in Samoa in June and early July.The Lewa’s are in top form and are the current Pacific champions as they expect to maintain their form in the event.
The PNG Pepes team went on a challenge against the Mixed Men’s Netball National Team, Maleos.The event was in conjunction with the official visit of the Australian Minister for International Development and the Pacific Netball PNG Senator Fierravsnti-Wells.The participating local took part delightfully in a wonderment in the presence of Senator Fierravsnti-Wells who was inspired with the exhibition.It was the first of its kind in the PNG Netball competitions with the emerging mixed and Men’s Netball Association in the country.
Eliab was one of six former Hunters players named in the final 29-man squad for the 2017 campaign in the Intrust Super Cup competition.The 26-year-old left the Hunters in 2015 to play with the London Broncos in the Kingstone Press Championship, United Kingdom, but has since returned.“I’ve been away for one year. I think I’ve brought back some experience from playing rugby league outside of PNG and I’m happy to bring something back to the team and support the team to go all the way this year.“The little things like playing around the ruck area, how to run the ball, passing skills and all that are part of the experience I got which I can use to help the younger players through this season,” said Eliab.Eliab said he followed the progress of the Hunters in the 2016 season up until the end saying it was a good experience for the younger players.“I missed the Hunters very much, missed playing alongside my brothers.“I’m now looking forward to going another step this year with them. It’s an awesome feeling to be back,” said Eliab.
The dream of Reinier Jesus (17 years) becomes reality as the days go by and the most anticipated date approaches, on January 19, when he will be of legal age and Real Madrid will be able to announce his signing at the time it deems appropriate. As AS has learned, the white club He has sent professionals from his medical services to Brazil to perform the protocol medical examination to the player, with whom they will meet this Saturday.The appointment between the doctors and Reinier will be, in principle, at Comary Farm, the headquarters of the Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF). There the player has been concentrated since January 3 to prepare the Pre-Olympic tournament with the U-23 National Team, which will be held from the 18th of this month to the 9th of February in Colombia. It is one of the few procedures that remain to definitively close the deal. LaLiga Santander* Data updated as of January 10, 2020 In February, to Castilla Madrid and Flamengo agreed last week to pay the termination clause of the Brazilian pearl, 30 million: 80% (24 million) will go to the Brazilian entity, 10% (3) to the family and the other 10% (3) will be pocketed by the agent. The commitment, as this newspaper advanced, will be for the remainder of the season and six more, a good example of the confidence they have placed since the Bernabéu in a football player they compare with Kaka.If everything follows its course, Reinier, who as his family is already studying Spanish, will join Castilla in February, after returning from the Pre-Olympic. The idea of Madrid is not to give up, but to finish with Raul and joining the training with the first team.
Yuri adds another historic milestone with the PonferradinaYuri de Souza continues to accumulate records with the Ponferradina this season and last Tuesday in Malaga it became The player who has worn the shirt of the Berciano team in Second Division: 177. The Brazilian striker surpasses two other historical team Berciano like Acorán and Jonathan Ruiz, who played 176 games with the blue and white in the silver category. Yuri’s debut with Deportiva in Segunda came on September 19, 2010 against Granada in Los Cármenes, a match that ended 2-0 in favor of the Andalusians. His first goal came not far from there, in the New Archangel of Cordoba, on January 8, 2011. Since then, the Brazilian has added 76 goals with the Ponferradina in professional football.In total there are six seasons, including the current one, that Maceió has defended the colors of the Berciano team in Second, leaving unforgettable moments like the two hat-tricks against Betis and Valladolid in El Toralín or, in this same campaign, the doublets against Tenerife and Deportivo de La Coruña. Last year he played on loan at Valladolid and Sporting, and this season he did it at Huesca, where he played seven LaLiga SmartBank games, in which he scored a goal, and two of Copa del Rey.Pablo Trigueros, who yesterday was in charge of appearing before the media after the team’s work session, said he saw Ivi “very well” in his first training with the Ponferradina: “It’s his first day and has yet to adapt. I wish you the best of luck and help us for what is coming. ” After the departures of Buenacasa and Caro, Deportiva has made its first incorporation in the winter market, the end Ivi López, who arrives at the Bercian box yielded by the Levant after being on loan at Huesca during the first half of the league competition. The player has already participated in the training that his new team carried out this Thursday in the Annex of El Toralín.Ivi López (Collado Villalba, 1994) is a player who can occupy several demarcations in the attack positions, although his qualities as an extreme are the ones that Bolo likes most. After going through the lower categories Getafe and Sevilla, getting to debut in the First with the Madrid team with 19 years, He came to Levante in the 2017-18 season, where he played 29 games in the top category. Yuri’s next challenge is to become the top historical scorer of the Ponferradina, a title that Marcos Tyrone holds with 156, five more than the Brazilian. With almost half a season ahead, it seems complicated to reach June without Yuri hanging another blue and white medal.
The Italian newspaper Tuttosport title in one of its pages that “Cristiano Ronaldo is furious and has anger to distribute.” The Portuguese played a great game against Hellas Verona but it did not prevent the Juventus lost by two goals to one against a weaker a priori team and showing that the Vecchia Signora It doesn’t go through its best moment. A series* Data updated as of February 10, 2020 But anger is not for less. It takes ten consecutive days marking, achieving a double in three of them and a hat-trick in another, but that has not always served to win, since three defeats and a draw have meant that in those last meetings eleven points were left on the road.Wojciech Szczesny, Polish goalkeeper of Juve, confirmed the anger of the Portuguese: “He is as pissed off as all of us because it is not good to lose this type of matches. He does everything possible to make us win, he scores in all matches and instead, we have not been good.”Juventus has ceded first place to Inter Milan, although they are tied at 54 points, but the feelings are not those of other years, when it seemed that the team had no competition. In fact, the interista club has more goals in favor and less against those of Maurizio Sarri.Cristiano has always become strong in bad times, that have served as motivation, and in less than a month the cup semifinals come against him Milan, a key match against Inter and the round of 16 of the Champions League in front of Lyon Olympique. It will be necessary to see if it discharges its rage against the rivals in the form of goals. The Italian newspaper explains that the seven did not say goodbye to the fans (he did not want to go through the curve), refusing to take pictures with the fans who approached, shows the disappointment of the player: “It was not the result we wanted, but we must continue working hard to achieve our goals”, said the Portuguese after the meeting to try to motivate. 7
The influx of spectators to the RCDE Stadium has skyrocketed since the arrival of 2020 and the amount of offers and discounts that Espanyol has offered, aware that the blue and white team needs to cement their salvation at home. If Barcelona reached 33,500, and before Athletic and Mallorca the entrance was at 27,000 and 29,000 fans with everything sold, The same is expected for this Sunday’s meeting against Atlético de Madrid. For the Sunday game, the club has also promoted a scarf to receive players when they leave the field. Not only will it be at that time. Also during the meeting a warning will appear for the video marker so that the fan takes his scarf and begins to shake and sing the songs of support to the team. The traditional coach welcome when you arrive at the stadium will be another exciting point of the day.Apart from these initiatives, the club also wants that in the training of this Saturday, which will take place at the RCDE Stadium, the heat of the fans reaches the players. That’s why he himself Raúl Tamudo, with a promotional video, launched the following call: “On Saturday at 11:00 we wait for you at gate 21 at the Curve and the Canito Grada to cheer on our players. Come on, let’s go”. There are already areas of the stadium that are fully occupied, and The ‘sold out’ sign is expected to be hung up again. If the partner responds, the entry would approach 30,000 again. In the afternoon, the club explained that there were only 300 locations left for sale, something that will surely be sold in a matter of hours.