Unai Emery explains why Lucas Torreira was substitued at half-time in Arsenal’s win over Watford Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterMonday 15 Apr 2019 11:29 pmShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link122Shares Lucas Torreira was withdrawn at the break against Watford (Getty Images)Unai Emery has confirmed that he took Lucas Torreira off at half-time during Arsenal’s 1-0 win over Watford as a precaution ahead of Thursday’s Europa League clash against Napoli.Torreira was one of the chief protagonists of the first-half at Vicarage Road as he was involved in the incident which saw Troy Deeney dismissed just 11 minutes into the game.The Watford skipper was adjudged to have elbowed the Uruguayan in the face by referee Craig Pawson.Deeney was unimpressed by Torreira’s reaction and had strong words with him before he left the pitch while the home faithful were equally unhappy, booing the 23-year-old’s every touch for the remainder of the half.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENTAfter the game, Emery admitted that the crowd’s reaction to Torreira played a part in his decision to replace him with Mesut Ozil, but he suggested that he should overcome his injury in time for Arsenal’s trip to Naples.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘First I decided to do the change of Lucas Torreira because after the red card, the atmosphere is against him and also the doctor said to me in the first half that he has a little pain for Thursday and I decided okay, it’s the moment [to take him off],’ he told Arsenal’s website.He added: ‘At the end the, doctor said to me that they are okay. Only in the first half with his small injury, Lucas Torreira, but I think it’s small and he can be ready for Thursday physically.‘It was a very physical match today but I think we can respond well and above all the result gives us the opportunity to continue in our way, being consistent in the table.’Arsenal were far from their best at Vicarage Road even after the hosts had been reduced to ten men but Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s goal on ten minutes handed them a crucial win in their quest to finish in the top-four.More: Arsenal FCArsenal flop Denis Suarez delivers verdict on Thomas Partey and Lucas Torreira movesThomas Partey debut? Ian Wright picks his Arsenal starting XI vs Manchester CityArsene Wenger explains why Mikel Arteta is ‘lucky’ to be managing Arsenal Comment Advertisement
Stuff co.nz 3 August 2018Family First Comment: Apparently this is standard practice – but why aren’t the parents involved in the process!??!And how come unborn children are now being considered as humans!? That’s not what the Ministry of Health are telling the Law Commission on abortions #stateconfusion #parentsmatter“Immediately after the x-ray, (the mum) asked the head ED nurse whether what happened was standard practice. The nurse confirmed it was, and explained it was because of the harm x-rays posed to unborn children. DHB policy dictated that all women aged 10 to 55 were asked.”The mother of an 11-year-old girl questioned about her pregnancy status when having an x-ray of her arm says hospitals need better processes when dealing with children.Waikato mother Brooke Hughes spoke to Newsroom after her daughter Maea was asked about being pregnant when she presented at Waikato Hospital with a sore arm on July 21.“She’d fallen off her bike and landed on her arm and it was really sore,” Hughes said.“We went up to [Waikato Hospital] ED to find out what was wrong.”The pair were then directed to have an x-ray after being seen by a doctor.“They started off with: ‘Now, please don’t be offended by what I’m about to ask’, [then continued], ‘Is there a possibility that you might be pregnant?’Hughes, who was in the room, was shocked.“I wasn’t standing right next to her because they’d already sat her down where she was going to get her x-ray done on her arm, so they directed the question directly at her.“I instantly replied no.”Maea didn’t really know what to say, Hughes said.“She was shocked. She looked at me like: Why are they asking me this question?’“She said she felt really yucky about it and uncomfortable,” Hughes said.Immediately after the x-ray, Hughes asked the head ED nurse whether what happened was standard practice. The nurse confirmed it was, and explained it was because of the harm x-rays posed to unborn children. DHB policy dictated that all women aged 10 to 55 were asked.READ MORE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105984682/Hospital-questions-child-on-pregnancy-status?cid=app-iPhone
Suraj Alva Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton may have played his last game with the team this season. According to a report on the NFL’s official website, Newton is likely to be traded by the Panthers in the offseason. He was the first overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, making this a major development.Also Read: New England Patriots Caught In Spygate 2.0, Admit To Violating NFL Policy In Bengals’ GameCam Newton trade rumoursThere have already been plenty of rumours about where Cam Newton would be heading. The Chicago Bears have been touted as one of the most likely suitors, as the team is expected to make a decision on whether to stick with the struggling Mitch Trubisky as their quarterback or take a swing for a more established one like Newton. Panthers have a chance to keep Newton for $18.6 million, which he is owed next year or the team could look to rebuild themselves around their young quarterback Kyle Allen, who is much cheaper in terms of cost.Also Read: NFL Trade Rumours: Cowboys To Bring Former Patriots Kicker As Possible Maher Replacement?fsCam Newton injury Last Updated: 10th December, 2019 18:08 IST Cam Newton Trade Rumours: Carolina Panthers Likely To Release Injured Star Quarterback Cam Newton trade rumours: The quarterback had surgery on his Lisfranc injury in New York on Monday which keeps him out for the rest of the NFL season. LIVE TV Written By First Published: 10th December, 2019 18:08 IST FOLLOW US SUBSCRIBE TO US COMMENT WATCH US LIVE Cam Newton suffered the injury against New England Patriots in a pre-season game. The incident happened during a third-down play against the Patriots. Newton played through his foot injury in the Panthers’ first two games this season, but his disastrous performance against the Buccaneers led the team to realize the three-time Pro Bowler needed time to heal the injury.Also Read: NFL Trade Rumours: Antonio Brown To Continue Exile Despite Patriots Struggle Vs ChiefsNewton underwent surgery on his Lisfranc injury on Monday in New York. According to a report in The Athletic, the quarterback injured his foot during his first and only appearance so far this summer during the team’s third preseason game. He tried to play through the injury but lasted just two games before admitting in a YouTube vlog that he really couldn’t push off of his foot and that he probably shouldn’t have played.Also Read: NFL Trade Rumours: Antonio Brown To Continue Exile Despite Patriots Struggle Vs ChieCam Newton trade rumours: His career so farNewton has been Carolina’s starting quarterback since 2011. He is 68–55–1 in his career, leading the Panthers to the playoffs four times. Newton and the Panthers reached the Super Bowl 50 in February 2015 before losing to the Broncos. Currently sitting at 5-8 and an uncertain future of Newton, the franchise could be looking to draft a quarterback
PreviousWide receiver Parris Campbell of Ohio State talks with reporters at Rose Bowl Media Day in Pasadena, Calif. on Dec. 30, 2018. (Photo by James H. Williams/SCNG)Wide receiver Parris Campbell of Ohio State talks with reporters at Rose Bowl Media Day in Pasadena, Calif. on Dec. 30, 2018. (Photo by James H. Williams/SCNG) SoundThe gallery will resume insecondsWide receiver Parris Campbell of Ohio State talks with reporters at Rose Bowl Media Day in Pasadena, Calif. on Dec. 30, 2018. (Photo by James H. Williams/SCNG)Ohio State wide reciever Parris Campbell answers questions during a media event for Rose Bowl players and coaches at Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, CA, on Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018. (Photo by Jeff Gritchen, Orange County Register/SCNG)Ohio State wide reciever Parris Campbell, center, joins teammates after a media event for Rose Bowl players and coaches at Disney California Adventure in Anaheim, CA, on Wednesday, Dec 26, 2018. (Photo by Jeff Gritchen, Orange County Register/SCNG)Wide receiver Parris Campbell of Ohio State talks with reporters at Rose Bowl Media Day in Pasadena, Calif. on Dec. 30, 2018. (Photo by James H. Williams/SCNG)NextShow Caption1 of 5Wide receiver Parris Campbell of Ohio State talks with reporters at Rose Bowl Media Day in Pasadena, Calif. on Dec. 30, 2018. (Photo by James H. Williams/SCNG)ExpandDuring the 2011 NBA lockout, LeBron James found different ways to keep busy. One was to go back to his high school in Akron, St. Vincent-St. Mary, and practice with the football team.There, he first met Parris Campbell, who would later go on to play for James’ favorite college football team, Ohio State. The two have stayed in close contact since then, with the Lakers star going on Twitter to congratulate Campbell after big performances.It’s not something that the wide receiver Campbell, in Pasadena with the Buckeyes for the Rose Bowl, takes for granted.Related Articles UCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with Packers NCAA cancels fall championships, although some football conferences march on Alexander: Was there more to Pac-12 delay than health and safety? USC hires Hall of Fame coach J.T. Higgins to lead men’s golf program Pac-12 basketball: Start delayed but creative plans in place for navigating a Covid-19 world AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREUCLA alum Kenny Clark signs four-year contract extension with PackersThe friendship turned into a mentorship during Campbell’s freshman year at Ohio State. He was transitioning from running back to wide receiver, and was growing frustrated by the position change.Campbell ran into James at a St. Vincent-St. Mary basketball game, and the three-time NBA champion offered Campbell some advice.“He just always told me to never give up on myself and to continue to be great; that I had greatness all around me and continue to blossom,” Campbell recalled. “So put the work in and never give up.”After that, Campbell developed into one of Ohio State’s top receivers. He was named to the All-Big Ten first team after a senior season in which he made 79 receptions for 992 yards and 11 touchdowns, all career highs.After Campbell’s breakout 147-yard, two-touchdown performance against Tulane in September, James was quick to react on Twitter.“I [see] you today lil bro!!” James tweeted at Campbell. “Keep shining #OH #GoBucks #AkronBoys.” “It means a lot, just because two kids from the same area, grew up experiencing the same things, went to the same high school, it’s huge,” the senior Campbell said. “Just being a kid from Akron, everyone there looks up to him, wants to do the things that he’s done. I have an opportunity to go on a different stage, the NFL, try to continue some of those things he’s given back to the city.” Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error
Gimenez said that he came to a compromise on the matter and that people heading to the gyms will be required to wear masks the entire time they are inside the gym.Ballrooms, banquet facilities, party venues, short-term rentals and indoor dining rooms at restaurants will still be forced to close. Miami-Dade Mayor Carlos Gimenez will allow gyms to remain open in the county.The announcement comes after he initially ordered gyms to shut down.Miami-Dade mayor Carlos Gimenez to close restaurant dining rooms, fitness centers, gyms & more
The National Football League has banned the use of the ultra-popular headphones, Beats by Dre.That’s because the NFL has struck an exclusive deal with the struggling competitor Bose in a deal that was struck back before the season started. As a condition of that agreement, Bose’s headphones would be the official headphones of the league.The NFL ban reportedly goes into effect immediately.Beats Electronics has worked extensively to get athletes wearing its product, featuring stars like Colin Kaepernick in its advertising, and sponsoring numerous others.The deal will prevent players from using the headphones specifically while they’re on camera, as that is vital publicity for Bose, which ranks far behind Beats in the headphones market.Though Beats by Dre are expensive — headphones costing $100 or more — Beats dominates with 61 percent of the market share, compared to Bose’s 22.Most consumers forgot that Apple bought Beats by Dre back in May for a whopping $3 billion, citing the company’s headphones and music streaming service as reasons for the acquisition.TechCrunch later updated its story to say Beats would be gradually rolled into iTunes instead. Another important thing to note is this isn’t the first time a major sporting body has decided to ban Beats.FIFA tried a similar tactic as the NFL’s ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, but prominent players, including Mario Balotelli and Neymar defied that ban and visibly wore the headphones.