The year in which it celebrates the 70th anniversary of its artistic activity, the Ensemble of Folk Dances and Songs of Croatia LADO is preparing the program “Let the sun shine on everyone where there is still our family”, fully dedicated to songs and dances of Croats abroad. An opportunity to show our guests our cultural and historical heritage. Inform your guests about LADO or better yet, as a host in family accommodation take them to a celebratory concert and be proud of our tradition, history and heritage. Zadar – wake up, it is quality and authentic content that tourists want to see and experience. It is a story we must tell our tourism. Photo: LADO The celebratory concert will be held in Zadar on April 26, 2019 at the Arsenal Zadar. Find out more about the concert HERE “During their turbulent past, especially in the period between the 15th and 17th centuries, Croats from the territory of today’s Republic of Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina due to military activities sought refuge outside their homeland, inhabiting areas where they have remained to this day. Through all these centuries, separated from the motherland, they have preserved their identity and their traditional culture. Therefore, the Ensemble of Croatian Folk Dances and Songs LADO dedicates its seventieth birthday to them.”, Says the artistic director of the LADO Ensemble Andrija Ivančan and points out that the very name of the program calls on all peoples in the countries inhabited by Croats to love, peace, tolerance, respect and building bridges between peoples and their cultures. Lado are the guardians of our tradition, heritage and customs, and by their actions they take care that they do not disappear into oblivion. For more than seven decades, Lado has been performing on stages all over the world, and with over 5.000 performances in Croatia and 48 countries around the world, he tells the story of our customs and identity, the story of Croats. Lado certainly deserves the title of ambassador of Croatian tourism. LADO has a holdings with more than 1.200 sets of folk costumes of exceptional value and beauty, some of which are over 100 years old, so we can freely call it a traveling museum that is extremely valuable and important for preserving and nurturing our identity, culture and customs. I keep emphasizing how we should be and sell what we are – Croats. That is the very essence of tourism. Tourists want to hear, see and taste our history, our culture, our way of life.
Secretary-general Tigor Tanjung acknowledged that the absence of a chief figure would hamper the funding disbursement process from the government to the association in relation to athletes’ preparations and training programs for the Olympics.“We are going to organize a national training camp in the immediate future. Thus, Zacky’s presence is pivotal for the association as we are going to need government funding to run those programs,” Tigor said as quoted in the association’s statement on Thursday.Commenting on his new position, Zacky acknowledged that this time is very crucial for the association as they are being asked to maintain a top performance in the middle of a funding deficit and tournament postponements.“Despite the problems, we are going to move forward with our planned schedules,” Zacky, brother of one of the country’s most senior lawyers, Nono Anwar Makarim, said.Sprinter Lalu Muhammad Zohri is the only Indonesian athlete to secure his place at the Olympics, thanks to his 10.03-second achievement in the 2019 Seiko Golden Grand Prix in Osaka, Japan, last year. The World Athletics body previously announced that the Tokyo Olympics qualifiers would be postponed from April to December this year.Topics : Former head of Indonesian military intelligence Maj. Gen. (ret) Zacky Anwar Makarim, 72, has been elected as acting Indonesian track and field association chief, replacing Muhammad “Bob” Hasan who died earlier this year.Zacky, who is a senior member of the association, was elected unanimously by a panel of the association’s top members. Uncle of current education minister Nadiem Makarim, Zacky is tasked with continuing Bob Hasan’s legacy and safeguarding athletes’ preparations for next year’s Tokyo Olympics and also other competitions, at least until the association’s current board completes its term in December.The association is set to appoint a new permanent chief and members of management in December through a congress.
Cincinnati Bengals running back Giovani Bernard (25) scores a touchdown on a 27-yard pass reception against the Pittsburgh Steelers in the second half of an NFL football game, Monday, Sept. 16, 2013, in Cincinnati. (AP Photo/Tom Uhlman)by Joe KayAP Sports WriterCINCINNATI (AP) — Running back Giovani Bernard slipped through the line, caught Andy Dalton’s short pass, then turned and saw something shocking.One of the NFL’s top defenses had given him a big opening.The elusive rookie turned the catch into a 27-yard touchdown on Monday night, one of his two scores that made all the difference in the Cincinnati Bengals’ 20-10 victory over the struggling Pittsburgh Steelers.“I saw green grass,” said Bernard, a second-round pick from North Carolina. “Once you see green grass, you’ve got to take it. You don’t get many chances like that. When you do, you’ve got to take it.”He wasn’t the only rookie putting their new imprint on an old rivalry. Top pick Tyler Eifert made a 61-yard catch that set up Bernard’s 7-yard run for his first NFL touchdown. Together, they gave a preview of what the Bengals (1-1) could become with two new pass catchers in the offense.“Gio’s done a good job,” Dalton said. “We drafted him to be versatile, move around the backfield and make big plays. And that’s exactly what we’ve gotten out him.”The Bengals piled up 407 yards on one of the NFL’s toughest defenses, holding the ball for more than 35 minutes.The Steelers fell to 0-2 for the first time since 2002, done in by another game of self-destruction on offense. Pittsburgh had two turnovers in scoring range and couldn’t hold the ball long enough to give their defense a breather, failing to get a first down on seven of their 12 possessions.“There’s not a lot of positives going on right now,” said Ben Roethlisberger, who was 20 of 37 for 251 yards with one touchdown and a deflected interception. “We can’t start doubting each other. Right now, there’s a general feeling of being upset.”It was a chance for the Bengals to show they’ve supplanted the Steelers in the AFC North. They beat Pittsburgh 13-10 at Heinz Field last December to reach the playoffs, and now have moved ahead of them again with a rare Monday night win.Cincinnati is 10-20 in Monday night games.“This doesn’t define anything until you look back at the end of the year,” coach Marvin Lewis said.The Bengals put the ball in the Dalton’s hands in the first half, letting him pass away while they all but abandoned the run against one of the NFL’s top defenses. Dalton had an up-and-down game, finishing 25 of 45 for 280 yards.Cincinnati’s rookies provided the big plays.Eifert got open between cornerback Ike Taylor and safety Ryan Clark for his 61-yard catch. Bernard finished the long drive with a 7-yard run, his first touchdown in the NFL, for the early lead.The Steelers needed to get their offense moving after a horrid opener. They ran for only 32 yards and Roethlisberger was sacked five times during a 16-9 home loss to Tennessee. Worse, the Steelers lost Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey for the rest of the season with a torn knee ligament. Fernando Velasco, signed a week earlier, started in his place Monday.They weren’t significantly better in Cincinnati.Roethlisberger got Pittsburgh’s offense moving in spurts. He completed all five of his passes on a touchdown drive that pulled the Steelers into a 10-all tie at halftime, including completions of 19 and 43 yards to Emmanuel Sanders.Shaun Suisham kicked a 44-yard field goal, and the Steelers had a chance to add to the lead in the first half. But another mistake — and they’ve had a lot of those already — provided the game’s first turning point.Pinned at their 3-yard line after a punt, the Steelers drove into scoring position. Roethlisberger completed a 34-yard pass to tight end David Paulson, who fumbled the ball as he was tackled. Adam “Pacman” Jones forced the fumble and recovered it at the Cincinnati 13-yard line.Another of Roethlisberger’s passes went off Jerricho Cotchery’s hands and was picked off at the Bengals 13-yard line in the fourth quarter, essentially sealing it.The most intriguing question: Could Steeler-turned-Bengal James Harrison leave a mark on Pittsburgh’s mess of an offense?Nope. He didn’t have a sack or a tackle.Notes: The Bengals rushed for 127 yards, with BenJarvus Green-Ellis getting 75 on 22 carries. Bernard ran eight times for 38 yards. … The Bengals have consecutive wins over the Steelers for the first time since 2009. … Roethlisberger was sacked twice by a defense that failed to get one in Chicago.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
The National Football League has banned the use of the ultra-popular headphones, Beats by Dre.That’s because the NFL has struck an exclusive deal with the struggling competitor Bose in a deal that was struck back before the season started. As a condition of that agreement, Bose’s headphones would be the official headphones of the league.The NFL ban reportedly goes into effect immediately.Beats Electronics has worked extensively to get athletes wearing its product, featuring stars like Colin Kaepernick in its advertising, and sponsoring numerous others.The deal will prevent players from using the headphones specifically while they’re on camera, as that is vital publicity for Bose, which ranks far behind Beats in the headphones market.Though Beats by Dre are expensive — headphones costing $100 or more — Beats dominates with 61 percent of the market share, compared to Bose’s 22.Most consumers forgot that Apple bought Beats by Dre back in May for a whopping $3 billion, citing the company’s headphones and music streaming service as reasons for the acquisition.TechCrunch later updated its story to say Beats would be gradually rolled into iTunes instead. Another important thing to note is this isn’t the first time a major sporting body has decided to ban Beats.FIFA tried a similar tactic as the NFL’s ahead of the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, but prominent players, including Mario Balotelli and Neymar defied that ban and visibly wore the headphones.