Press Association Flores does not have final say on new players as he forms only part of Watford’s transfer committee, and the Spaniard admits it has been a challenge to keep everyone happy so far. “It is difficult because I want the players to feel happy,” Flores said. “We have a lot of players who are not on the list and there are a lot of players who want the possibility to play. “We are a new team and we are creating a new base. Everything is new. We have how many new players? Too many. “It is important not to create bad feelings with the new players.” Watford currently have 21 foreigners on their books but will only be able to name 17 in the final 25-man squad submitted to the Barclays Premier League. It means the club are likely to offload a number of fringe players before the end of the window but Flores believes there are likely to be more incomings too. “Will there be more signings? Probably,” Flores said. Watford head coach Quique Sanchez Flores admits he is finding it difficult to accommodate the club’s 12 summer signings but believes there will be even more arrivals before the end of the transfer window. The Hornets have made wholesale changes to the squad that won promotion from the Championship last season, with seven new recruits featuring in the goalless draw against Southampton on Sunday. Three of the club’s new signings, however, failed even to make the bench at Vicarage Road, including Matej Vydra, who saw his loan deal from Udinese made permanent in July but is yet to play a minute under Flores this term. “Because we have been working this way for the last two months to complete the final squad.” Southampton are hoping to avoid drastic changes to their own squad, with Sadio Mane and Victor Wanyama reportedly attracting interest from Manchester United and Tottenham respectively. Ronald Koeman reiterated his stance on Sunday that neither player will be sold ahead of the transfer deadline, while the Dutchman is keen to add another defender to his ranks. The clean sheet against Watford came as a welcome boost for Saints, who deployed three centre-halves after conceding five goals in their opening two league matches. “It was to give us a little bit more sureness defensively,” Koeman said. “When you change the system it’s always about the players you have. “Last season we played four or five times out of this system and after the five goals we had conceded it was a good time to change.”
West Palm Beach Mayor Keith James has declared a state of emergency due to the coronavirus in his city, but he told Jen and Bill this morning that doesn’t mean that everything has to come to a screeching halt.WPB Mayor Keith JamesThe mayor says the public library is still open and it has to be because many people need to use the computers there to find work and file unemployment claims.Mayor James says the city commission is still gathering and will hold a meeting on Monday while observing the proper social distancing. While bars are closed, restaurants are still open with reduced, wide-spread seating and delivery options.More than 300 coronavirus cases have been confirmed in Florida with 21 Palm Beach County residents now infected with the virus that has already killed more than 100 people nationwide and eight in the state.The new cases revealed Wednesday in Palm Beach County include a 6-year-old boy, the youngest person to test positive for COVID-19 statewide.Florida health officials said it is not known how he contracted the virus. One of the infected residents is not currently living in the county.In addition to the disturbing news that a youngster is infected, the latest numbers released by the Florida Department of Health show that 328 people statewide are now stricken.Listen to Jen and Bill’s full interview with WPB Mayor Keith James here.https://www.850wftl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/WPB-Mayor-Keith-James-Morning-Show.mp3The only drive-through testing center in Palm Beach County announced it is no longer accepting appointments because it doesn’t have the tools it needs.“Until we receive additional test kits, we are unable to further schedule any testing appointments,” said Yolette Bonnet, CEO of FoundCare, which began swabbing people in the parking lot of its Palm Springs office Monday.DeSantis insisted that more kits would be arriving soon.
After going into double overtime with then-No. 23 Florida State in its last matchup, Syracuse (13-6, 2-4 Atlantic Coast) struggled to get much going early against Pittsburgh (8-11, 0-6). The teams combined to shoot just 38 percent in the first half as the Orange went into the break with a five-point advantage. Syracuse eventually managed to pull away late for a 59-45 win to snap its four-game losing streak. Here are three reactions from the game.Feel it stillTyus Battle played a season-high 50 minutes in the Orange’s loss to the Seminoles. The game actually pushed his minutes per game average in ACC play to 41.2 — more than the standard 40-minute game.TV broadcasts claimed that Battle was under the weather heading into the game. Either way, Battle was noticeably a bit weaker to start Tuesday‘s game.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textOn one play he made a move to drive baseline, but his floater weakly fell off the side of the backboard, not even reaching the rim. Later, he had a wide-open look from deep. His 3-point attempt was on line but not strong enough, barely grazing the front of the rim and falling straight down. He missed his first six shots of the game and entered the break with just four points.Halftime seemed to get Battle a little bit back on track. He was five-of-eight from the field and scored seven points in the frame. His 3-pointer out of the under-eight media timeout seemed to inject life in the Orange, which went on to open up a 10-point edge.How longFreshman Panthers guard Parker Stewart came into the game averaging just 7.4 points per game, the fifth-highest mark on the team. He’d hit 30 3-pointers in 18 games, shooting at a 36 percent clip.Stewart hit two 3-pointers within the first five minutes of the game. By the end of the night, Stewart accounted for more than half of Pitt’s offense by himself, as he knocked down seven 3-pointers and had 23 points, both career highs.Although Syracuse has been solid on defense for most of the season, this was the third time that one player has made at seven 3-pointers in a game against the Orange.New rulesThrough the first four games of ACC play, freshman point guard Howard Washington was averaging two minutes per game. It seemed like his only way on the floor was to provide a very quick breather to Howard or Battle, or if either one was in foul trouble.But against FSU he played a career-high 24 minutes and Syracuse deployed its three-guard lineup for a good chunk of the first half.On Tuesday, Washington again checked into the game early in the first half, replacing Tyus Battle who sat for a few minutes. When Battle came back, Washington stayed on, with SU again giving its three-guard lineup a look.The Orange scored five quick points when Washington was in, and the Buffalo native added two steals. But the offense stalled with the three-guard lineup in, scoring no points. On one play, it appeared that both Howard and SU head coach Jim Boeheim were frustrated with Oshae Brissett not getting into the high post properly.Washington was subbed out with 7:22 left in the first half and didn’t play the rest of the game. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on January 16, 2018 at 11:09 pm Contact Tomer: firstname.lastname@example.org | @tomer_langer
The Wexford side were 2-13 to 13 point winners over Dublin Champions, Cuala.Garrett Sinnott and Tomas Dunne with the goals for Oulart, inspiring the club to victory after a series of high profile final defeats in recent years.Oulart manager Frank Flannery pointed to the levels of preparation his side put in throughout the year.