“The important acquisition of General Cable required focus on the integration of processes and the digitalization of products. This represents our differentiation from our competitors,” says Stefano Brandinali, CIO and chief digital officer of Prysmian Group. “To tackle this challenging task we have chosen IBM as our global technology provider to help drive ongoing transformation within the organization. IBM brings its industry experience to support the development of a modern IT infrastructure based on IBM Cloud.” As part of this effort, Prysmian will migrate its SAP workloads to IBM Cloud to leverage higher value technology, including AI, IoT and human augmentation. The three-year agreement is designed to integrate Prysmian’s IT infrastructure with IBM Cloud and adopt a hybrid cloud strategy. With the acquisition of American cable manufacturing company, General Cable, in 2018, Prysmian has made it a priority to fully integrate the information systems of the two companies, to support digitization of processes and products. The agreement with IBM also includes services for the management of the global Prysmian IT environment. Italian cabling giant Prysmian has selected IBM Services to help expand and manage its global technological infrastructure. Under the agreement, IBM Services will also manage the integration of the existing legacy IT infrastructures and move Prysmian’s SAP S/4HANA, the company’s ERP platform, onto SAP certified physical and virtual appliances on IBM Cloud to further support its digital business transformation. With the new infrastructure in place Prysmian said it anticipates high levels of service in terms of availability and reliability, as well as enterprise-grade security. For this implementation, Prysmian will leverage the IBM Services data center and the IBM Cloud data center in Milan.
NZ Herald 27 July 2014Police have given former Wanganui mayor Michael Laws a formal warning after he was accused of smacking his child.The polarising ex-MP and talkback host was investigated after the alleged incident at Whanganui Hospital last year.A source told the Herald on Sunday a nurse said she saw Laws smack one of his children. The father-of-five and his three youngest children were at the hospital to visit the children’s mother, Leonie Brookhammer, who was recovering from a stroke.Police told the Herald on Sunday in January they were investigating, and this week police said the investigation into the 57-year-old had ended.“A thorough investigation was carried out and the man has now been issued with a formal warning,” a spokeswoman said. “We encourage families and community members that if they have concerns … to report it to police confident in the knowledge that their complaint will be investigated.” Laws yesterday denied receiving a formal warning from the police.http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11299721
Stuff co.nz 3 March 2015Disabled people could be coerced to commit suicide if a voluntary euthanasia bill is passed, a disability rights group says.Not Dead Yet convenor Wendi Wicks said there could never be adequate protections for disabled people under voluntary euthanasia legislation.“There are endless ways of telling disabled people time and time again that their life has no value.”Not Dead Yet’s launch coincides with a speaking tour by world expert on medically assisted suicide, Rob Jonquiere.The Dutch doctor is half-way through his two-week tour and said he agreed to help End of Life New Zealand raise the issue by talking about medically-assisted euthanasia legislation in his country.During the tour Jonquiere will deliver 14 public lectures around the country and speak to health professionals.In the Netherlands patients can ask their doctor to assist them in ending their lives if they are experiencing “intolerable and hopeless suffering”, Jonquiere said.http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/66904738/disability-rights-group-concerned-over-voluntary-euthanasia
Northland’s The Daktory shut down as two appear in courtStuff.co.nz 12 January 2017A cannabis clubhouse in Northland has been shut down following a police raid.Members of The Daktory openly sell and smoke cannabis at the organisation’s Port Rd clubhouse in Whangarei.It is leased by Brian Borland, who has been a cannabis dealer for 42 years.Police stormed the clubhouse on Wednesday after a neighbour spoke out about the goings-on at the address.He said he was “appalled” that the club was getting away scot-free with growing and selling the drug.A 60-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman were arrested and were due to appear in the Whangarei District Court on Thursday afternoon.Members were planning to protest outside the court before the hearing.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/88336257/Northlands-The-Daktory-shut-down-as-two-appear-in-court?cid=app-iPhone
NewsHub 17 June 2018Family First Comment: “In the last century the whole world was scandalised by what the Nazis did to pursue the pureness of the race. Today, we are doing the same thing, with white gloves.”Exactly. www.chooselife.nzPope Francis has called the practice of having an abortion after pre-natal tests have discovered possible birth defects a version of Nazi attempts to create a pure race by eliminating the weakest.Francis made the comparison in a long, off-the-cuff address to members of a confederation of Italian family associations.“Children should be accepted as they come, as God sends them, as God allows, even if at times they are sick,” he said.Francis then spoke of pre-natal tests to determine if a foetus has any illnesses or malformations.“The first proposal, in that case, is ‘Should we get rid of it’? The killing of children. And to have a more tranquil life, an innocent is done away with,” he said.“I say it with pain. In the last century the whole world was scandalised by what the Nazis did to pursue the pureness of the race. Today, we are doing the same thing, with white gloves.”Under Nazi eugenics programs, hundreds of thousands of people were forcibly sterilised and tens of thousands killed in an attempt to “clean” the chain of heredity of those with physical or cognitive disabilities.https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/06/pope-says-aborting-babies-with-birth-defects-just-like-nazis.html
Stuff co.nz 3 August 2018Family First Comment: Apparently this is standard practice – but why aren’t the parents involved in the process!??!And how come unborn children are now being considered as humans!? That’s not what the Ministry of Health are telling the Law Commission on abortions #stateconfusion #parentsmatter“Immediately after the x-ray, (the mum) asked the head ED nurse whether what happened was standard practice. The nurse confirmed it was, and explained it was because of the harm x-rays posed to unborn children. DHB policy dictated that all women aged 10 to 55 were asked.”The mother of an 11-year-old girl questioned about her pregnancy status when having an x-ray of her arm says hospitals need better processes when dealing with children.Waikato mother Brooke Hughes spoke to Newsroom after her daughter Maea was asked about being pregnant when she presented at Waikato Hospital with a sore arm on July 21.“She’d fallen off her bike and landed on her arm and it was really sore,” Hughes said.“We went up to [Waikato Hospital] ED to find out what was wrong.”The pair were then directed to have an x-ray after being seen by a doctor.“They started off with: ‘Now, please don’t be offended by what I’m about to ask’, [then continued], ‘Is there a possibility that you might be pregnant?’Hughes, who was in the room, was shocked.“I wasn’t standing right next to her because they’d already sat her down where she was going to get her x-ray done on her arm, so they directed the question directly at her.“I instantly replied no.”Maea didn’t really know what to say, Hughes said.“She was shocked. She looked at me like: Why are they asking me this question?’“She said she felt really yucky about it and uncomfortable,” Hughes said.Immediately after the x-ray, Hughes asked the head ED nurse whether what happened was standard practice. The nurse confirmed it was, and explained it was because of the harm x-rays posed to unborn children. DHB policy dictated that all women aged 10 to 55 were asked.READ MORE: https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/105984682/Hospital-questions-child-on-pregnancy-status?cid=app-iPhone
Debate over right to change gender on birth certificates – ‘Borders on ridiculous’TVNZ One News 19 August 2018Family First Comment: “Replacing it instead with a process that makes it easier for the individual to basically say he identifies as a woman without any proof or giving any guarantees that he will stay that way, borders on ridiculous.”A proposed law change will make it too easy to change gender on birth certificates, a transwoman says.A select committee recommended last week that the law be changed to allow people to apply directly to the births registry rather than go through court. “Replacing it instead with a process that makes it easier for the individual to basically say he identifies as a woman without any proof or giving any guarantees that he will stay that way, borders on ridiculous.”READ MORE: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/new-zealand/debate-over-right-change-gender-birth-certificates-borders-ridiculous But transwoman Diane Sparkes, 77, does not want there to be a removal of medical evidence, which is required when going through the court process. “Discarding the right to apply to the Family Court for a declaration of sex – where it took into account the integrity of the applicant, their specific circumstances and medical opinion as a means of protecting the rights of women and their safety – is not acceptable.
We always look forward to the AMVCAs – it is an event which is arguably one of the biggest awards ceremonies that unites Africa’s creative force like nothing else.This year, the inaugural edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awardsunited movie lovers and style lovers across Africa like never before on Saturday 7th March 2015.Hosted by Nigerian radio personality/BBA Host IK Osakioduwa and Zimbabwean TV star Vimbai Mutinhiri, the star studded awards ceremony took place in grand style at the Eko Hotel & Suites, Victoria Island, LagosKunle Afolayan’s October 1 and Mildred Okwo’s The Meeting, emerged the biggest winners of the night, as the 2015 edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards took place on Saturday night at the Eko Hotel Convention Centre.It was a massive night. Anyways, here is the full list of winners; Best Actor in a Comedy: Femi Jacobs for The Meeting Best Actress in a Comedy: Rita Dominic for The Meeting Best Actor in a Drama: OC Ukeje for Confusion Na Wa Best Actress in a Drama: Kehinde Bankole for October 1 Best Art Director (Movie/ TV): Pat Nebo for October 1 Best Cinematographer (Movie/ TV): Stanlee Ohikhuare for Verdict Best Comedy Writer (Movie/ TV): Tunde Babalola for The Meeting Best Costume Designer (Movie/ TV): Deola Sagoe & Obijie Oru for October 1 Best Documentary: Yvonne Bassey for The Gift of The Nile Best Drama Writer (Movie/ TV): Tunde Babalola for October 1 Best Lighting Designer: Lanre Omofaiye for October 1 Best Local Language Hausa: Hafizu Bello & Abubakar Bashir for Bincike Best Local Language Igbo: Obi Emelonye for Onye Ozi (The Messenger) Best Local Language Swahili: Sarika Hemi Lakhani for Veve Best Local Language Yoruba: Fathia Balogun for Iya Alalake Best Make: Up Artist: Sacred Lola Maja for October 1 Best Movie (Comedy): Mildred Okwo & Rita Dominic for The Meeting Best Movie (Drama): Steve Gukas for A Place in The Stars Best Movie Director: Kunle Afolayan for October 1 Best New Media – Online: Imoh Umoren For Hard Times Best Movie of 2014: Kunle Afolayan for October 1 Best Short Film: Ekene Mekwunye for Oblivious Best Sound Editing: Kulanen Ikyo For October 1 Best Video Editor: Victoria Akujobi for Reflections Best Supporting Actress: Linda Ejiofor for The Meeting Best Supporting Actor: Blossom Chukwujekwu for Knocking on Heavens Door Best Television Series: Georgia Arnold for Shuga.
President Pierre NkurunzizaIntensive gunfire and heavy explosions have been heard in the streets of Burundi’s capital Bujumbura according to eye witnesses.This comes after president Nkurunziza said he had ordered troops to arrest those alleging to have deposed him.Meanwhile the head of Burundi’s army has said that an attempted coup had failed and forces loyal to President Pierre Nkurunziza were in control, a day after another general said he had sacked Nkurunziza for seeking an unconstitutional third term in office. This is accprding to reports by Reuters.“The coup attempt failed, loyal forces are still controlling all strategic points,” said Army Chief of Staff General Prime Niyongabo in a statement broadcast on state radio.President Pierre Nkurunziza’s attempt to return to #Burundi following reports of a coup on Wednesday evening failed.Nkurunziza has returned to Tanzania where he was attending a summit by East African Heads of state to solve the political crisis in his country.The coup was announced by Maj Gen Godefroid Niyombare on Wednesday which sent citizens into celebrations after several days of unrest.Burundians are opposed to president Nkurunziza vying for a third term after he was nominated by his party.The outcome of the coup remains unclear while fighting rages on in Bujumbura.Heavy gunfire was heard early on Thursday morning near the radio and TV station in the capital, Bujumbura, Reuters news agency reports.There has been mounting unrest in Burundi since President Nkurunziza, who came to power in 2005, announced he was seeking a third term in office – apparently in contravention of the constitution.A Reuters witness reported a journalist at the state broadcaster had said there was still heavy gunfire being heard around the state television and radio station in the capital on Thursday morning.Two private radio stations and a television station were attacked by unknown men in police uniforms.The two stations were among those that carried Major General Godefroid Niyombare’s announcement on Wednesday that he had sacked Nkurunziza.
The investigation on the attack that killed 12 Tunisian presidential guards is underway.This has been the worst attack targeting Tunisian security forces so far.Yet Tunisians found the strength to come out of their houses and fight their own way.Youssef Gaigi reports from Tunis.