Rates of reported crime in Vancouver, county dip

first_imgThe rate of reported violent and property crimes in Clark County decreased slightly from 2015 to 2016, differing from a slight increase in violent crime nationwide, according to new data from the FBI.In Clark County, the rate of reported violent crimes per 100,000 people declined 2 percent, with the raw number of reported violent crimes not changing and the county’s population growing by about 2 percent, or 9,000 people.The FBI on Monday released its annual crime report, which collects reports of crimes from police agencies around the country. Violent crimes counted in the data include murder and non-negligent manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.The data do not include justifiable homicides or unintentional killings that result from recklessness or criminal negligence, such as killing someone in a drunken driving crash.In 2016, about 76 percent of violent crimes reported were aggravated assaults, and most of the remaining 24 percent were robberies. The proportions were about the same in 2015.last_img read more